Wednesday, December 24, 2008

December 22nd, Bow hunting in Western Montana's riverbottoms
















With the temps finally climbing into the teens I decided to head out on Monday for a morning of bowhunting in Western Montana's riverbottoms. Well even with the temps in the teens it still was very chilly and I only managed to stay in my stand for about an hour and a half.
I did plenty of glassing and was not encouraged to stay in the stand. The combo of the cold temps and not seeing any deer I was ready to get moving. After getting out of my stand I did some walking around to see if any deer were moving. I was a bit dismayed to not see many tracks, however I did find a few rubs from this seasons that I had not found before.
Even thought I didn't hunt for very long in the stand it was still nice to get out for a while.
Best not to think about how cold these get up in the tree stand.

No comments: